26 years working in senior HR roles in Financial Services, FMCG Manufacturing, Telecoms, and more recently, executive coaching and consultancy along with a career as a UK registered counsellor and psychotherapist in the voluntary sector.
Gordon has provided executive coaching and OD consulting with clients in Financial Services, Renewable Energy, Media, Technology, Food and Drink Manufacturing, Transport, Professional Services, Life Sciences and Healthcare, Hospitality, Aquaculture, Government Agencies, Local Government and Education sectors. He works with clients in the UK, Ireland, North America, Europe and India.
Gordon has been an internal and external coach for the past 20 years working with individual leaders and executive teams focusing on personal and organisational transitions and leadership effectiveness.
Brings a collaborative and systems approach to his work and is skilled in establishing rapport as a basis for discovering enduring change, success and personal fulfilment.
Best successes as a Coach:
i. Development of a high potential functional leader to achieve the chief executive role of a fast growing
and complex and energy business
ii. Coaching an executive within the 5-star hospitality industry to develop greater self-awareness and development of their leadership style and impact on colleagues and stakeholders.
Supporting a female senior manager in her transition to a more senior role within a male dominated government agency.
Training and qualification relevant to coaching
• Post Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching
• Post Graduate Diploma (distinction) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
• MSc industrial Relations and Human Resource Management
• Accredited Member of the Association for Coaching
• Certificate in Human Capital Strategy
• Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
• Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
• Member of Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA)
• Leadership (purpose, style, impact, values, identity, focus)
• Relationships with others at work (conflict of styles, engagement, influence)
• Coaching of senior leadership teams
• Career direction and transition
• Personal resilience; and
• Leading organisational change.
3 words that have been used to describe me as a coach
Comments from my coachees