Negotiation & Influencing - Women in Leadership
Time & Location
About The Event
Negotiation & Influencing - Women in Leadership; Are you bold enough to ask for what you want? Practical negotiation tools and techniques for female leaders.
Research* suggests that the old saying “If you don’t ask you won't get” especially applies to women who are 4x less likely than men to ask for what they want. As leaders, having the ability to negotiate for what you want and need for yourself and others is a vital skill. This programme explores the issues of negotiation from a female perspective and gives tips and practical techniques based on our three stage model; your right to negotiate, your personal power and navigating the conversation.
* Linda Babcock & Sara Laschever’s Why Women Don’t Ask and Ask for It.
Who is it suitable for?
Women in a senior management, leadership or professional advisor roles, within organisations or running your own business.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course, you will have:
- Gained insight into the factors impacting your negotiating and influencing approach
- Examined how you use your power to influence in the workplace
- Practised ‘Making a Request’ and getting feedback
- Developed your confidence to ask for what you want
What will the course cover?
- Women & negotiation – exploring the issues which impact and can limit women’s negotiating abilities
- Body language & power – raising awareness of how your non-verbal behaviours shape how other people perceive your power to influence
- Tips for building your negotiation skills – understanding what can help you feel confident in asking for what you want
- Practical exercises – experimenting with how you can negotiate and influence to good effect
This programme offers women a learning experience which:
- Blends leadership theories and skills with women's life experiences
- Harnesses the power of peer support and challenge in a conducive, women only learning environment
- Provides a collaborative space for ideas and sharing perspectives
“The day gave a range of both practical & insightful techniques to help me come across confidently and authentically” - participant, Financial Services
“I found the workshop insightful, challenging, enjoyable, with a great mix of participants. Both facilitators were excellent – very open, engaging, honest & knowledgeable. I am still digesting everything I learnt but have already tried out some techniques for an important meeting”- participant, Wheatley Group
Dates and time
The workshop is 2 sessions scheduled over two days:
Session 1- Friday 4th June 0930-1230
Session 2 - Friday 11th June 0930-1230
This is a live, virtual programme that will take place on Zoom. It is open to participants from any organisation. You will be sent your Zoom invite in the week before the event.
This course costs £295 + VAT. There are two options for payment.
Please use ticket purchase below to pay and secure your place immediately.
Alternatively, you can request an invoice to be sent to you or your organisation directly by clicking here for a booking form.
Please note that this programme is over two days (Fri 4th & Fri 11th June 2021; 0930-1230).
You will receive a zoom invite before the week before the event
- Negotiation & influencing£295+£59 VAT£295+£59 VAT0£0