David Barthorpe is a Learning and Development professional with a consistently successful track record in the design, development and delivery of Management, Service Delivery and Business Development Training programmes for a variety of companies across a broad range of industries.
David's career has included Learning and Development positions with Ladbrokes Plc and Human Resource Development Plc. He has worked on a wide range of Leadership, Management training and Development programs for a variety of Public and Private sector organisations. David has been freelance since September 1991 and has trained throughout the U.K. and abroad including Europe and the Middle East. David is qualified in the use of MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator), SDI (Strength Deployment Inventory)
- 360° Feedback and Executive coaching for Government Office for Yorkshire and Humberside Senior Management Development project involving 50 senior managers.
- Master of Ceremonies and Team Facilitator for DWP Leadership for Change program, the largest change program in Europe impacting 140.000 employees. These practical hearts and minds events are aimed at middle managers to help them effectively manage the change process.
- Undertaken a comprehensive Training Needs Analysis for Congestion Charging / Transport for London, including an employee survey designed to analyse the effectiveness of the current performance review and appraisal system, and made recommendations to address identified areas of concern
- Delivery of Performance Management/Appraisal Training for 2000 Transport for London managers.
- Worked on the Partnership Working strategy project with NHS / Calderdale MBC to explore mutual benefits of partnering with 3rd sector / Social Enterprise organisations
- Designed and developed the distributed leadership / RACI model for Voluntary Action Calderdale, a large social enterprise organisation based in Halifax
- Designed and delivered a series of short learning programs under the banner of Master Class and ‘Lunch N Learn’ for Park Lane College Leeds Business Incubator Unit. Also provided one to one coaching for selected businesses on request
- Consultant for the Leading Light Leadership and Management Programme for Calderdale MBC providing accredited (ILM) training needs analysis and leadership coaching to SME business leaders.
- Facilitator for Pritchett delivering the Leading Change Management programs for Solvay Pharmaceuticals in Jordan, Hanover, Germany and Switzerland. This project was commissioned during the acquisition of Solvay by Abbott Laboratories, a global healthcare company and designed to help senior managers across the business to lead the organisation through the changes brought about by its acquisition and included managers from across the EMEA.
- Delivery of a wide range of Leadership and Management Development courses including Graduate Induction events for W S Atkins (Global) since 2004. These programs form part of Atkins goal of developing not only technical capabilities but also relationship skills internally and externally across the organisation
- Designed and delivered Strategic Planning and Performance Management workshops for Euro Services / Kuwait Oil Corporation in Kuwait City, Kuwait for 3 years
- Facilitator / Coach for Gucci Group Conference 2006 at Lake Como, Italy. This event was for the top 150 Senior Managers from Gucci Group Brands across the world and included facilitated workshops with Senior Brand Directors.
- Delivered business skills training for senior store management teams in Marks and Spencer to help them to analyse and plan store activities using Footfall data in stores across the UK
2005-Present Associate Consultant, Taylor Clarke Partnership
1991 – Present: Partners in Performance
Managing Partner for Partners in Performance, Management Training Consultancy who design, development and deliver a wide range of Management, Service Delivery and Business Development Training programmes for a variety of companies
1986 – 1991: Handley Walker / Human Resource Development Plc
Senior Project Manager for Handley Walker / Human Resource Development Plc, Business Consultants offering a wide range of services across manufacturing, IT and Service industries
1978 – 1986: Ladbrokes Plc
Divisional training manager for the Entertainments Division responsible for the recruitment and development of all employees across the division